Ingredients: Baba paste
1.1 lbT55 flour
4.4 ozmelted butter
Preparation: Baba paste
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in warm milk and pour on the mixing tank.
- Mix the flour to make a Paste, then add salt and sugar.
- Add the eggs little by little until a smooth and elastic homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Then do the same with the butter.
- Do a break time : 30 to 40 minutes.
- Put the dough in the molds (shown in the video tutorial) and let it double in volume.
- Bake at 190 ° C in oven.
Ingredients: Baba syrup
7.1 ozorange juice
3.5 ozyellow lemon juice
Preparation: Baba syrup
- Make boil water, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice together.
- Add the alcohol at the end.
Ingredients: Mandarin cream
1.3 lbmandarin puree
1.8 ozyellow lemon juice
0.2 ozGlazing stabilizer
0.6 ozNH pectin
3.2 ozegg yolks
4.9 ozButter 82% fat
Preparation: Mandarin cream
- Mix the sugar with the pectin and stabilizer.
- Add the egg yolks.
- Bake at 82 ° C, then add the butter.
Ingredients: Mandarin whipped Ganache
Preparation: Mandarin whipped Ganache
- Heat the milk with the concentrate and glucose.
- Melt chocolate and gelatin in the syrup then add the cream and let cool 24H.
- Whip and use the Mandarin Ganache
Ingredients: Breton shortbread
4.2 ozegg yolks
9.3 ozcaster sugar
11.9 ozsoftened butter
14.1 ozT45 flour
0.6 ozBaking powder
Preparation: Breton shortbread
- Mix the egg yolks and sugar. Add the butter and mix again.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder and mix until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Bake at 160 ° C during 15 minutes
Ingredients: Gold glazing
Preparation: Gold glazing
- Boil the mashed mandarin, water, sugar and glucose up to 105 ° C.
- Pour over the W2 chocolate and gelatin and mix well, then add the neutral mirror glaze, mix and boil up to 105°C
- Use the Gold glazing at 40°C Finishing: use a cling film to make a mold for the Clementine Cointreau-rum Baba, as shown in the tutorial video.