Terms & Conditions
Open to professional chefs, 18+ UK & ROI only. Closes 19/03/17. To enter submit an original chocolate dessert recipe suitable to special occasions at xxx.com. Recipes will be judged on originality, creativity and appeal. 6 winners – Gold, Silver and Bronze in age categories: ‘22 and over’ and ‘21 and under’. All win a trip to the Callebaut Academy in Belgium 24-26th April 2017 (excludes UK transfers) and a goody bag, plus 50/25kg Callebaut chocolate for gold/silver. Employer permission required. See website for full terms.
Full Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Barry Callebaut UK, Wildmere Ind Est, Banbury, OX16 3UU
1. Entry is open to professional chefs, who are UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over, except employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, and each of their group companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. No purchase necessary, internet access required.
3. Only one entry per person. No multiple or third party entries will be accepted. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted.
4. The promotion opens 1st January 2017 at 12.00am. Closing Date for entry is 11.59pm on 19th March 2017. Winners will be notified by 24th March 2017.
5. There are 6 prizes to be given away. The entries will be split into two age categories: ‘22 and over’ and ‘21 and under’. From each age category there will by one gold, one silver, and one bronze winner.
Gold Winners – Trip to Belgium 50kg of Callebaut chocolate, and a goody bag
Silver Winners – Trip to Belgium, 25kg of Callebaut chocolate and a goody bag
Bronze Winners – Trip to Belgium and a goody bag
6. The gift includes postage and packaging of a goody bag, and chocolate to one address in the UK or Ireland. The prize does not include the replenishment of lost/stolen or damaged items.
7. Belgium trip:
a) Winners must be able to travel to Belgium between 24th and 26th April 2017. Prize is for one person only.
c) If the selected winner cannot visit Belgium for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
d) Winners will travel to Belgium via plane or train. Callebaut will provide transfers in Belgium during trip. Winners will be responsible for making their own way to the airport or St Pancras station depending on mode of travel. Mode of travel (plane or train) will be decided by Callebaut.
e) Itinerary for the trip is as follows: Day 1 - Lunch at Callebaut Academy, Factory Visit and Dinner. Day 2 – Full day hands on Training at Academy, and Dinner. Day 3 – Attend Trend Tour and visit shops in Brussels with group.
f) Any personal expenses (e.g. souvenirs) during trip will not be covered by Callebaut, and no additional spending money will be provided. All food will be provided, but drinks during the dinner are not provided. Travel Insurance to be paid for by winner.
8. Entrants must get permission from their employer before entering the competition. The Promoter reserves the right to verify this with the employer and disqualify the entrant if permission is not granted.
9. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have a valid passport.
10. Goody bag includes: Apron, Scraper, Chef Hat, Spoon, Recipe book and sample of Callebaut Chocolate. Promoted reserves the right to change contents of goody bag based on availability.
11.All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize or reward (as applicable) of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
12. Delivery: The goody bag and chocolate will be delivered within 6 weeks of closing date.
13. Entrants must submit their details (name, email address, place of work, job title, phone number, age category and birthday) with one chocolate dessert recipe suggestion, suitable to special occasions, through the online form at xxxx.com.
14. The recipe must be unique and created by the entrant personally.
15. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
16. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
17. All submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by a judging panel of Barry Callebaut employees, all of whom will have experience in the foodservice industry, and one independent person who will choose the six winners based on originality, creativity and appeal. The decisions of each judging panel are final as to the entries judged.
18. The winners will be sent an email instructing them to get in contact with the Promoter in order to arrange the prize by 24th March.
19. The prize winners are required to accept his/her prize within 28 days of notification. In the event of non-acceptance, a supplementary winner will be chosen.
20. The winner may be announced on Twitter and posted on the www.fortheloveofchoc.com webpage.
21. The prize winner may be required to participate in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion. The winner's Twitter handle and photo will be made available upon the request and the winner may be displayed on the www.fortheloveofchoc.com web page.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
23. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the promotion or to modify these rules at any time, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
24. By participating in the promotion the entrants licence and grants the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 16 years) has parental or guardian consent.
25. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding.
26. The Promoter is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although the Promoter shall try to minimise the effect of such failures.
29. The prize winners’ full names and counties are available by emailing email@example.com within three months of the Closing Date.
30. All entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it believes have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter’s decision will be final and binding in all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
31.The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
32. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
33. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.