For The Love of Chocolate Competition
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: Barry Callebaut, Wildmere Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 3UU
1. Entry is open to chefs and kitchen staff who are UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 16 or over, except employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, and each of their group companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. Entry to this promotion requires the entrant/s to have internet access and a personal, valid and current Twitter account.
4. Only one entry (tweet) per person is permitted per calendar month during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. No entries from agents, third parties, or organised groups will be accepted. If any entrant creates numerous Twitter accounts in order to enter the promotion more than once, they will be disqualified.
5. Only the owner of the Twitter account holder will be classed as the Entrant.
6. Closing Date is midnight on 29th February 2016.
7. In order to participate, entrants must “tweet” an image to their Twitter account of one of their own dishes that takes on the ‘Beyond Desserts’ trend, including the hashtag #LoveOfChoc and mention @Callebaut_ENG in the accompanying text when posting the image. Only entries including all of these elements are eligible for inclusion in the competition and will constitute a valid entry.
8. Entrants must follow @Callebaut_ENG in order for the Promoter to contact them by direct message in the event they are a winner.
9. There is a goody bag to be awarded every month to the winning entrant that month. The goody bag includes 2 x 250g bag of Callebaut chocolate, 1 x Callebaut apron, 3 x recipe cards, 1 x waffle mould, 1 x 250g bag of Lavazza coffee, 1 x Lavazza espresso cup and saucer, 1 x Guppy’s Chocolates hot chocolate stirring stick.
10. Delivery: The prize includes postage and packaging of goodie bag to be delivered within 6 weeks of announcement.
Winner Selection and Judging Criteria:
11. The winner will be selected by an independent judge on the basis of:
a. The quality of presentation.
b. The dish that best represents the 'Beyond Desserts Trend'
12. The winner will be sent a direct message instructing them to get in contact with the Promoter in order to arrange the prize.
13. The prize winner is required to accept his/her prize by direct message on Twitter within 28 days of notification. In the event of non-acceptance, a supplementary winner will be drawn.
14. The winner will be announced on Twitter and posted on the fortheloveofchoc.com webpage.
15. There is no cash or other alternative for the prize in whole or in part except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any part of the prize package for an item of equal or greater value if it is unavailable for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control. If there are no valid entries there will be no prizes awarded.
16. Images submitted for entry may be used for online promotion by Callebaut on Twitter, marketing literature, and PR.
17. The prize winner may be required to participate in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion, requiring the winner to submit a photo of them, their goodie bag. The winner's Twitter handle and photo will be made available upon the request and the winner may be displayed on the Callebaut Twitter feed and website.
18. The prize is non-transferable.
19. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the promotion or to modify these rules at any time, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
20. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
22. The promoter assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure on Twitter during the competition period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating and entering in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Twitter feed involved in this promotion or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, plagiarised, altered or tampered with in any way.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although the Promoter shall try to minimise the effect of such failures.
25. The Promoter monitors entrant's responses to this Promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. Your use on Twitter is subject to the terms and conditions located here: www.twitter.com/tos. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any entrant in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
26. The prize winner’s full name and county are available by emailing email@example.com within three months of the Closing Date.
28. All entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it believes have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter’s decision will be final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.