NXT dairy-free is chocolate indulgence of the next generation. These dark and milk chocolates are made from 100% plant-based ingredients without any detectable traces of milk or dairy – yet bringing you all the indulgence and creaminess of traditional chocolates.
WHAT DOES BETTER INDULGENCE MEAN?
BETTER FOR YOU
- from delicious, 100% plant-based ingredients
- no E-numbers, artificial flavourings or colourants
- no detectable traces of milk
BETTER FOR THE PLANET
- no ingredients from animal origin
- growing plant-based ingredients:
- results in lower CO2 emissions
- needs less water & energy
- needs less of the planet’s surface
- only ingredients from renewable sources
- in a planet-friendly mono-material packaging: without aluminium and recyclable
TASTE & INDULGENCE FIRST!
- NXT dairy-free chocolates bring you the characteristic, balanced Callebaut taste & creaminess – yet without dairy or animal ingredients.
- Allergen-free: nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free and gluten-free.
- Count on the legendary workability you know from our Finest Belgian Chocolates. NXT dairy free chocolates deliver perfect end results for all your creative ideas: moulding, enrobing, mixing or flavouring.
MEET THE CHOCOLATES
The tastiest & creamiest alternative to milk chocolate on the planet
NXT dairy-free M_lk chocolate is not only rich in cocoa, yet as creamy and delicious as traditional milk chocolate – with no detectable traces of milk at all.
For this dairy-free M_lk chocolate, we replaced milk with a 100% plant-based alternative: chufa. Chufa is the tuber from the plant Cyperus esculentus that grows in the Mediterranean region and Africa. After the harvest the tubers are dried and ground and used as milk tasty and creamy milk replacer – rich in fiber. Chufa is also used to create the delicious and nutritious horchata de chufa: a milk-like drink, loved in Spain.
Pure, care-free chocolate indulge without any detectable traces of milk
NXT dairy-free dark chocolate has a balanced taste with intense cocoa notes and hints of red fruits.
It is the perfect chocolate to eat pure as such or to use for mixing and flavouring vegan chocolate mousses, crémeux, gelato…
CHUFA, A PERFECT ALTERNATIVE TO MILK IN NXT DAIRY‑FREE M_LK CHOCOLATE
ABOUT THE PLANT
Chufa is also commonly called tigernut. Unlike its name suggests, tigernut isn’t a nut, but actually a tuber-like fruit growing at the the roots of the plant. For our NXT diary-free M_lk chocolate, we use the tubers of the chufa plant ground into a fine powder.
✓ Replicates the creaminess of a milk chocolate
✓ A sustainable ingredient: renewable and 100% plant-based
✓ Super food allowed in chocolate (High fiber, High Vitamin E)
✓ 100% allergen free
✓ Optimized special grade for chocolate applications
✓ Unique application properties (patent application pending)
✓ Allowed for chocolate denomination (in EU / USA pending)
HOW IS IT GROWN?
Tigernuts are sowed in April, to be harvested around November. The tigernut tubers (roots) are pulled out from the soil, while the leaves are discarded. The tubers are then washed, dried, sterilised, and finally ground into a unique very fine powder used in our chocolate.
WHAT DOES CHUFA TASTE LIKE?
Chufa has a naturally sweet taste and creamy mouthfeel, reminiscent of chestnut and almond. Tigernut is used in “Horchata de chufa”, a milk-like plant-based drink enjoyed by millions of Spanish consumers since decades.
WHY CHUFA IN OUR DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE?
Chufa is a wonderful secret from nature. It’s a unique, pure and minimally processed ingredient that has a rather neutral taste, unlike almond, rice or soy. It brings the lovely creaminess and rich, indulgent taste you’d expect from a milk chocolate – yet 100% plant-based and allergen-free.
It took us 2 years of development and testing to find the perfect chufa variety and finetune our chocolate recipe to offer you unrivalled plant-based indulgence and the same notorious workability you know from our Callebaut Finest Belgian Chocolates.