Workshop 2 - Creative Skills, Chocolate Course
Introduction: Would you like to learn the techniques needed to create stunning chocolates?
Who should attend: Anyone who has previously conducted our foundation chocolate course, or has a good level of understanding of chocolate making and wants to improve their skills and learn new techniques.
What the course will cover: This is a practical hands on course which focuses on current trends and techniques used in the artisanal chocolate market.
During the course you will make:
- Creative and fun Easter eggs
- Layered moulded and enrobed snacking bars
- Naturally infused chocolate bars
- Modern decorating techniques for moulded chocolates
- Formulation of short and long shelf life ganache fillings
- Art of working with origin chocolates
- Current innovative spraying and decorating of moulds with coloured cocoa butter and creative powders
- The use of continuous tempering machines, as opposed to hand tempering
The theory will include:
- Ideal working and storage environments
- How to handle chocolates
- Troubleshooting awareness
- Shelf-life consideration
You will also receive a full list of UK supplier contacts to assist you in planning a small chocolate business.
- Professional chefs jacket
- All recipes and technical booklet
- All of your proefssionally packaged chocolate creations
- All hospitality
- Prices include VAT
You are a professional with good knowledge of chocolate. You are familiar with the tempering of chocolate and the basic techniques. This course does not discuss tempering or cooling chocolates.
Designed for participants who have confidence in their skills of wkrking with chocolate, have worked as a craftsperson or completed the Chocolate Academy Beginners course.
The UK CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center is based in Banbury, Oxfordshire and is a ‘State of the Art’ purpose-built training environment with eight individual work stations, allowing for one-to-one, hands-on tuition. The Academy is situated adjacent to the factory allowing easy access for tours of the Barry Callebaut plant.
Our courses have been designed to offer practical and theoretical help for the novice chocolatier through to the chocolate artisan, pastry chef, confectioner, baker, caterer and lecturer.
We are extremely proud to have some distinguished chefs from both the United Kingdom and Europe to help run our courses, all of whom have extensive knowledge, expertise and experience in the field of chocolate.
We would welcome the opportunity to share with you our passion
and expertise to expand and fulfil your chocolate creativity.
OX16 3UU Banbury Oxfordshire
United Kingdom - Ireland