Together with Cocoa Horizons, we empower West African farmers to shift their smallholder farms into profitable cocoa farms, motivate new generations to stay in cocoa farming and nurture their ambition. Our aim is to make farmers financially independent so they can take care of their families. This is what we’ve realised so far.
WHY WE WORK WITH COCOA HORIZONS?
• Traceability of sustainable cocoa from farmer to the first BC warehouse
• Full focus on cocoa issues - productivity and community development activities
• Full transparency of premium use verified by a third party
• Impact driven through on-the-ground teams working directly with farmer groups
• Access to farmer testimonials, the people benefiting from these efforts
83 farmer groups delivered Horizons cocoa
>> 20 new this year
73,468 Cocoa Horizons farmers registered
>> Of which 11,534 are women farmers
78,546 MT of Horizons cocoa delivered
>> Up from 42,590 MT in the last season
71,359 farmers trained on good agricultural practices, entrepreneurship and education
560 community professionals accredited in a pruning, nursing or spraying
10,012 farmer group members have access to productivity packages (coaching, tools & seedlings or finance)
132 women are in governance positions within Cocoa Horizons Farmer Groups
Let your customers know.
Are you a chef, choclatier, baker, barista or gelato maker? Show customers your work with sustainable Belgian Chocolate & spread the change in-store with customisable communication tools. Because together, we can make sustainable the norm.