Single Origin – Dark
The intensely dark chocolate with an abundance of cocoa and hints of yellow and red fruits.
Couvertures - Sao Thomé - coins - 2.5kg bag
Made with Amelonado cocoa bean varieties from the island Sao Tomé.
In 1822, São Tomé and Príncipe were the first African islands to import cocoa from Brazil - for which they were baptized 'the chocolate islands'. Today still, a few direct descendants of the original Forastero plants from South America can be found on the island, yielding very high quality beans.
Callebaut®'s Sao Thomé chocolate has a very intense and complex taste, rich in roasted cacao, and with plenty of refreshing fruity notes: apricot, red fruits, citrus and even hints of tea.
Sao Thomé is great to savour as such. For pairings, our chefs recommend to combine it with fruits that have a moderate to high acidity and sweetness. Slightly bitter ingredients such as walnuts or mild coffees and spices such as Sichuan pepper that have a tingy effect on the tongue also create beautiful harmonies.
With its standard fluidity, you can use Sao Thomé in a broad range of applications: moulding, enrobing, ganaches, flavouring pastry crèmes and mousses, etc.
Rich-tasting chocolate with flavour peaks of red and yellow fruits.
- 3Roasted flavor
- % min. Cocoa70% Cocoa butter39.432.6% Fat free cocoa
- % min. Milk
- % Fat39.4% Cocoa butter39.4
- Sichuan Pepper
- Passion Fruit
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Goat Cheese
- Brazil-Papua NG-Guatemala Coffee
- Blue Mountain Coffee
Patisserie & Dessert
Ice creams & sorbets
Callets™ 2.5kg bag
- SAOTHOME-E4-U70 *Callets™ | 2.5kg bag | 4 bags/box | euro pallet
- SAOTHOME-U70 *Callets™ | 2.5kg bag | 4 bags/box | euro pallet
- SAOTHOME-E5-U70 *Callets™ | 2.5kg bag | 4 bags/box | euro pallet
- 24 months
- Kosher Dairy
* This code may not be valid in your country. Please get in touch with your commercial contact.'