Explore the world of showpiece in this advanced course that is ideal for chefs who want to compete or take their skills to the next level. Chef Jerome Landrieu discloses tips and tricks while guiding you through the entire creative process and theory of building a showpiece from beginning to end. Learn the strategies of design and balance with innovative casting and molding techniques. Chef Jerome will demonstrate the application and then students will replicate and construct their own sculptures based on Chef Jerome's showpiece and theme.
Prerequisite and Required Skills:
- Professional level chocolatiers. Must have previous experience building showpieces. Will be asked to send pictures of previous pieces.
- Must have mastered chocolate crystallization, forming chocolate and casting chocolate.
- Must know the basic techniques of cutting, molding, assembling chocolate and spraying cocoa butter.
- Jérôme LandrieuGuest teacher
You are working as a professional with a thorough knowledge about the process and want to improve in the field of chocolate. Since some time you work on a professional basis with chocolate and have knowledge about most of the techniques.
A highly specialised course designed for participants with a high level of chocolate skills.
Chicago, IL 60654
With over 25 years of experience. Born and raised in France, Jerome came up in the industry while working under some of the nation’s top chefs. Upon honing his mastery and reaching impressive placement in numerous prestigious competitions, Jerome was recruited to open the Barry Callebaut Chocolate Academy in Chicago. As time goes by, Chef Landrieu’s list of accolades continues to grow:
- 1st place for Sugar Artistry & 2nd place for Artistry at Chocolat by Pascal Caffet
- Team France substitute at the Pastry World Cup
- 1st prize for tasting selection at Salon du Chocolat in Paris
- Placed in Semifinals at Meilleurs Ouvrier de France Compétition
- Voted among Top 10 Pastry Chefs in the United States by Dessert Professional Magazine