Spraying the surface cakes and pastries
* stainless steel plate or paper
* cocoa butter
* airbrush with compressor
* cakes/pastries at deep freeze temperature
* stencils with globules, boxes or line motifs
Mix cocoa butter (50%) and milk or dark chocolate (50%) and let
them melt at ±40°C. Mix them well together. Cool to 35°C and pour
into the airbrush container.
If you want to spray with a white chocolate, you need to change the proportions slightly: 60% white chocolate and 40% cocoa butter. White chocolate is always more fluid than the other types of chocolate.
Place the deep frozen cake on a grill rack.
Put paper or a stainless steel plate under the grill rack because the spray can easily spread around.
If you want to put motifs on the top of the cake, place a stencil on it. You can make your own stencils by cutting them out of stiff plastic foil. Of course, you can simply spray plain areas without a stencil.
Spray from about 40 to 50cm away from the top of the cake or the edges.
For this type of airbrush work, you'll need cocoa butter as well
* Cocoa butter Callebaut CB.
* Chocolates: all chocolate types with a total fat content of 35% (cocoa butter and milk fat) are suitable.