Privacy is an important issue for the Barry Callebaut Group,
personal data we gather when you use this site and/or any pages
thereof (the ‘Site’). These principles apply to personally
identifying data such as your name, physical address, e-mail
address or other contact details that you provide by using the Site
or that we may request.
· Browsing of the Site and most other offerings do not require the provision of any personal data.
· Barry Callebaut may collect some non-personal identifying data your browser makes available whenever you visit a website, such as the Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit. We use this data better to understand users’ behavior and further improve our offerings.
· If we collect, or require you to provide, personal data, such as may relate to registering for a service offered on the Site, we will limit the use and processing of such data to the purpose demonstrated by the circumstances, or to the purpose we disclose when collecting the data. In addition, data obtained via this Site may be processed by Barry Callebaut for such purposes as business prospecting and promotion of its products or services. Should we intend to use the data for further purposes, we will inform you accordingly.
· We may share collected data, such as user trends or the number of users who accessed a particular part of the Site. This aggregate data does not include any personal data.
· Permission is given that we may store and process personal data collected on our site in any country in which Barry Callebaut or our host providers maintain facilities. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer and the making available of your data among these facilities that may involve any cross-border transfer of your data.
· We take appropriate security measures to protect personal data against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. In addition, we restrict access to your personal data to Barry Callebaut employees who need to know that data in order to fulfill your request or supply our offerings.
· In compliance with Belgian Data Protection law, you have the right to know which of your personal data is processed and to object to your personal data being used. However, we may not be in a position to provide all services offered on the Site without receiving your personal data. You are also entitled to examine the personal data relating to you and, if necessary, have the data corrected.